So you think you know everything there is to know about mold inspections and mold inspectors? Surprisingly, many individuals are unfamiliar with these terminologies, let alone what’s involved and what they do. The first rule of thumb is that not all mold inspectors are knowledgeable and trained to perform mold remediation and removal. This is a common misconception among commercial and residential property owners. Remember, not all companies offer comprehensive mold-related services.
That is one of the reasons you need to ensure that the mold inspections company that you intend to hire is licensed, insured, and bonded. Furthermore, some inspection companies offer 24/7 emergency services. It’s critical to understand that the growth of mold is a time-sensitive issue. Consequently, the longer you wait to do something about it, the more damage it could do to your health and your home. This means that they’ll come to your commercial or residential property around the clock as needed. Emergency services were designed for those who have busy schedules or live in more remote areas. Here are 6 more things you need to know:
- Accreditation is important – when you’re looking for a mold inspection company, be sure they’re accredited by a well-respected organization and have met their standards. Two examples would be the IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association) and the NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association).
- Experience matters – this is always going to be a key factor when it comes to mold inspection and removal. We recommend working with a reputable company that has many combined years of experience in the industry. That helps them work with both skill and experience and will pick up signs that a novice service might overlook.
- Mold inspection and removal companies must be insured – mold inspection and removal services can be risky. That’s why these companies must have liability insurance. This ensures that you won’t be liable should something go wrong during the inspection or when the mold is being removed.
- Most companies specialize in commercial and residential property inspections –although commercial and residential property inspections serve the same purpose, they are different in many other respects such as more complex HVAC systems and their larger size.
- Service costs vary from one company to another – the cost of inspection and removal services often vary due to the extent of the problem, property size, and the type of service required.
- Some companies employ innovative technologies – the inspection and removal industry has evolved significantly over the past couple of decades. Consequently, many companies now employ cutting-edge technologies in their endeavors.
The above factors should all be taken into consideration when searching for the best mold inspection and removal companies. For additional information, contact Florida Inspections Unlimited at 954-861-0666 today.