There are dozens of home inspectors in Broward County, all of whom are anxious to assist you in the home buying process. However, no two are alike where experience, expertise, and reliability are concerned. The right home inspector will educate you about the process so you have a better understanding of it. Furthermore, they will alert you to the possibility of any future repair issues that exist and help you avoid making a bad decision when purchasing a home. Not only will it save you from investing in a poor condition house but it will help you get a structurally sound house that is worth the money.
When you’re in the process of buying a home, the home inspector you choose can have a significant impact on your decision. So, it’s extremely important for you to ensure you have chosen the right professional for the task. Here are 6 qualities to look for before making your final decision:
- Experience – as is the case with any other profession, experience is key when it comes to choosing a home inspector. Make sure that the one you choose has several years of experience in the field.
- Certificates and credentials – a home inspector’s certificates and credentials are equally important. They should have a certificate that confirms they’ve completed a reputable licensing program and have had formal training in the field.
- Charges and fees – every home buyer has a budget they are trying to follow and every home inspector has a specific fee schedule for the services they provide. Before you make your decision, be sure you know what they are going to charge you for the job.
- Inspection report sample – a good home inspector will never shy away from showing you a sample of the inspection reports they’ve completed in the past. It’s not uncommon for home inspection reports to contain anywhere from 20 to 50 pages. They should also contain photos of any problematic areas.
- Guarantee – it’s also a good idea to ask if you’ll be provided with a guarantee of the work the home inspector has done and the report you’re given. This is a good way to determine whether or not the person is a true professional.
- Work status – finally, make sure that home inspections are not a part-time “side gig”
- that they do to supplement their real job. Most prospective home buyers would agree that the best choice for a home inspector is one who works at it full-time.
For additional information about our Broward County services or to schedule a home inspection appointment, contact Florida Inspections Unlimited at 954-861-0666 and speak with a company representative today. Call us today!